Frosch Learning have been working in the legal sector for over 20 years and specialise in maximising business development skills within the Professions. Often very little time is spent equipping lawyers with the correct skills, tools and techniques which are critical to develop the careers of lawyers.
The focus is, understandably, on the quality of the work itself i.e. the technical attributes. However, clients are finding it increasingly difficult to differentiate one firm from another, so often end up instructing lawyers based on ‘non technical’ attributes such as:
- Likeability factor and chemistry
- The lawyers’ understanding of their business/ situation
- Their ability to demonstrate their value
- Commercial understanding
- People skills
Therefore, developing these skills is absolutely essential to successful business development and client management.
If you are able to tick all of the boxes below, Frosch Learning’s Approach is not for you:
Fee earners who can:
- Easily open doors to new business
- Maximise all business opportunities with their customers
- Identify all legal/cross selling opportunities in BD meetings
- Confidently discuss and negotiate profitable fees
- Articulate solutions and have the ability to stand out from competitors
- Confidently gain the initiative and do not have to do the chasing after meetings
From Top 30 UK Law Firms
“The Frosch programme has been a revelation for me and has greatly enhanced my ability to develop business. It has given me great confidence and an easy-to-use toolkit and set of skills. It has made me realise that it is easy to sell the firm’s services and it has seriously helped me with business development”.
“To grow the firm’s business we need to cross sell more and win new clients. The Frosch training has given me the skills needed to do that”.
“If you want to achieve the holy grail of developing more business, and actually spending less time doing it, go on this training!”
However, if any of these phrases sound familiar, please feel free to contact one of our specialist consultants, who would be happy to discuss in more detail the personal challenges you/your firm face, on:
0203 859 0707
“We are different because of our ‘service'”. Most lawyers say this! Therefore this is probably not what differentiates you…at least, not in the customers’ eyes.
“I am good with servicing existing clients, but find it difficult to find new ones…”
“My business development pipeline becomes dangerously low nearing the end of a big project…”
“The client keeps taking control of the meeting…”
“We’ve been doing work with them for years but only in one practice area…”
“I had the meeting, nothing much came of it, but we said we will keep in touch…”
“I’m not always comfortable talking to people I don’t know…”
“We lost some big accounts last year”
“I’m just not that comfortable with discussing fees…”
“We’re not maximising on the top 20% of our customer base…”
“I call my top clients partners, but I’m not 100% certain that they refer to us in the same way…”
“My ‘presentation’ is usually quite generic…”
“I don’t know how to justify why my prices are different to our competition…”
“We don’t get paid for coffee meetings, if we did I’d be a superstar!”
What We Do
“3 words: PRACTICAL, PRACTICAL & PRACTICAL”
PARTNER TOP 20 UK LAW FIRM QUOTE
Frosch Learning have spent over 20 years researching and constructing programmes that help lawyers achieve phenomenal results. We help partners from all walks of life to digest information, retain it, and then not only begin to use it, but also continue to develop when they see their own positive results taking place in the real world.
Due to our vast experience in the legal sector, we understand the stumbling blocks, preconceptions and the nature of the industry, so are able to work ‘alongside’ firms as partners, helping to develop a culture that promotes successful business development. We understand that each firm is different, with different cultures, personalities, motivations and requirements. However, the areas our clients find most useful include:
- Effective strategies for winning new business – opening new doors and effectively identifying opportunities from the ideal clientele
- Business development strategies – developing and putting in place optimum strategies to identify, win, develop and retain profitable business
- Effective business development meetings – the optimum way to conduct a business development meeting
- Building rapport– being able to build relationships with prospects and clients seamlessly and effectively
- Cross-selling/ Upselling strategies – identifying all the opportunities, not just the one you have set out for
- Presentation skills – delivering powerful presentations that are effective and memorable
- Presenting value add – helping the client really understand the value that you and your firm bring
- Our differentiator – understanding and articulating what makes you/your firm stand out from the competition
- Maximising fair and profitable fees – confidently delivering prices and getting what you/your firm deserve
- Negotiating best outcomes, including fees – knowing how to negotiate and using it to your benefit when a negotiation is required
- Gaining the initiative and keeping the momentum – avoiding the dreaded ‘I look forward to hearing from you’ and having to chase the client
- Key client management – developing strong key account strategies to penetrate accounts, build real partnerships and reduce vulnerability to competitor attack
- Networking – the right way to network online and at events, creating and maximising on new opportunities
- Winning Tenders – how to approach, respond to, and win tenders
- Maximising on referrals – using your current resources to win more business in the optimum ways
From Top 30 UK Law Firms copy
“In my view, the best thing about this training is that it breaks down the silo mentality because you start to focus on what the customer wants- or what they might really need help with- rather than what you want to sell to him”.
“When I went into the course on the first day I was thinking “how can this help me to sell construction in Leeds”. After the first day I was thinking “this can help me sell all of our services”. I am now more actively looking for opportunities for others rather than just myself. It follows that this will improve cross selling”.
“For the first time in my career, a selling course has actually taught me how to ask for work and close. I think this is sorely lacking from other sales training delivered to other law firms”.
“My ability to secure an appointment over the telephone to meet a decision maker has increased dramatically as a direct result of this training. I couldn’t recommend it enough”
“Questioning in a commercial context is very different to questioning with our legal hats on. The training has really opened my eyes to how to understand the client’s business and the fundamental issues facing it, and how to do it effectively in a short space of time”.
How We Do It
We consult, train and coach a diverse range of people from different backgrounds, positions and practice areas, with one end goal in mind: to take your projects from the boardroom, through the training room, into your real world. All programmes are tailored to fit in with our clients’ overall strategies, bridging the gaps between current and future states:
People love to learn but hate to be taught, so whilst all development will include an element of lecture/discussion, our group workshops are highly interactive, with aspects such as teamwork, problem solving and discussion taking centre stage. Our unique workshops are designed to bring out the best in people. They are thought provoking, challenging, and above all, fun!
One-to-one Coaching Clinics
We frequently work with partners on a one-to-one basis, providing relevant and specific coaching on areas that will produce the most significant results. We help fee earners to build tailored actions plans to ensure they achieve their core objectives within the optimum timeframes.
Running health-check workshops and regular consultancy sessions help our firms to identify the gaps needed to be bridged, and the optimum tools, tactics and techniques required to be put into place in order to achieve their objectives, strategies, or newly developed one-page business plans.
Always willing to put our money where our mouths are, we will join partners on real client visits, delivering specific and relevant coaching following the meetings, in the areas where the biggest improvements can be achieved.
- Our most important objective- increasing your bottom line figures!
- Delivering identifiable, auditable and quantifiable results
- Happier lawyers and happier clients
- Helping your clients become more profitable
- Developing best practice techniques, tools & systems for effective business development
- Increase in number of appointments
- Increase in client conversion from first meeting to instruction
- Increase in new business
- Increased business from existing clients
- Increase in cross selling opportunities
- Increase in securing referrals
Legal Case Studies
Winning New Business
The results were so positive that we decided to roll out the Business Development Training Plan to all Partners and numerous Associates…
In Partnership to Create Partnerships
Their ability to win the respect of the partners in our Firm, has enabled us to make tremendous changes in a short period of time…